24th January 2008 Near 11pm
I reached school with Mark. Met up with Joseph. Nervous. Wait. Chatted with teachers.
Around 1.50pm
Gathered at hall. People start arriving. Tension mounts. Queued up in register number. Damn, i'm gonna be taking the results very late. Principal talk. Then the top scorer and all those who have done well receive their results from Principal. Ah well, i knew i'm lousy. No surprises that i'm not one of them. Congrats to Joseph, Damai's top scorer. Vice-Principal's talk. Damn damn long. People getting more restless and frustrated. Finally! Everyone broke out of their orderly arrangements and gathered around their form teachers. Soon, people were shouting. Some screamed. Others sob and some called home to tell parents of their results. The tension is gone. Relief, sadness or happiness flooded the hall. But not for me! i waited quite long. Went around congratulating others and comforting some. I was mentally prepared. I knew i would get around a 15 for L1R5. I was not expecting much. So, once i get my result slip, i look at it:
English A2
Combined Humanities A1
Mathematics A2
Science (Phy/Chem) A1
Food & Nutrition B3
Principles Of Accounts C5
Chinese A2
Chinese (Oral/Aural) Distinction
I was not in the clear state of mind. I need to know my L1R5! So, i tore open my Form A and quickly look for that:
L1R5 11 L1R4 8
WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I was over the moon man! Never would i expected such great results! My dad wanted a score below 12 and I did it! I called my parents and tuition teacher. Told them my results. Gosh, it was such a relief. I went around getting congrats from friends and also comforting those who didn't do well. For those who did well, they received a smack on the back from me. LOL.
So, to all who have done well, CONGRATULATIONS!!! A brand new and hopeful beginning awaits. Work hard and may you be successful in life!
For those who have not done well, it's ok, not the end yet. Though it's normal to feel devastated, you know that you've done your best. Pull yourself together and get into some course. You can excel in there! Believe in yourself! Passion feeds success!
Alright, i got to go now.. Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment